A virtual event scheduled for April 17-22, the 2021 American Academy of Neurology Annual Meeting offers excellence in education and scientific programming. The meeting will include over 2,000 scientific abstracts, presenters from more than 50 countries, and wide-ranging discussions including diversity issues and COVID-19 developments.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center presenters to include:
- Saturday, April 17 at 2:00 pm EDT: As part of a session on epilepsy, Bassel W. Abou-Khalil, MD, will present “Efficacy of Cenobamate for Uncontrolled Focal Seizures.”
- Wednesday, April 21 at 2:00 pm EDT: Eva A. Mistry, MBBS, will present “Higher Systolic Blood Pressure Variability after Endovascular Thrombectomy Is Associated with Poor Functional Outcome.”
- Wednesday, April 21, at 2:00 pm EDT: E. Wesley Ely, M.D., will present “Post-Intensive Care Syndrome Impacts Quality of Life in Critically Ill Stroke Patients.”
- Wednesday, April 21 at 4:00 pm EDT: As part of a session on therapeutics of genetic neuromuscular diseases, Amanda Peltier, MD, will present “Impact of Patisiran in hATTR Amyloidosis.”
- Poster presentations: Sustained Improvements in Advanced Parkinson’s Treated with Carbidopa Levodopa Enteral Suspension; The Multinational DUOGLOBE Study; Autoimmune Encephalitis; Large Vessel Occlusion Identification Using Machine Learning; Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology.